Following a windshield replacement, there are some important things you need to know. For example, it’s unsafe to drive immediately after a windshield replacement. But more importantly, it’s crucial to recalibrate your ADAS system with a new windshield. If you fail to do so, you can be setting yourself up for a more dangerous drive.
ADAS System: The Basics
You may be wondering, “What exactly is an ADAS system?” Well, ADAS stands for the advanced driver-assistance system. It’s responsible for some of the newest driving features that make drivers, passengers, and everyone around the vehicle safer.
These systems have turned into the absolute best and most inventive elements of new vehicles over the last 10 years. Intended to build the security of a vehicle, ADAS are mechanical elements that help a driver in a small bunch of errands. The frameworks make driving more secure, increment a driver’s consideration regarding the street, and upgrade the vehicle’s presentation.
How Does ADAS Function?
ADAS depends on cameras, radars, and sensors to work. These devices perceive the outside world and then communicate as needed to the vehicle. For example, blind spot monitors (one advanced driver-assistance system) alert a driver if someone is close to them with cameras and sensors. Many people can forget that their cars have several devices helping them.
What’s the Need for a Recalibration?
Your windshield, interestingly enough, is one of the most crucial elements to an ADAS’s success. Therefore, any minor bump or something significant like a windshield replacement requires your entire ADAS to be recalibrated. If one sensor is off, it can bring danger. Maybe your blind spot monitor won’t work properly or your cruise control can misperceive how far away objects are.
Windshields used to simply be a piece of glass on your vehicle, however presently they’re liable for helping ADAS highlights. This is on the grounds that there are sensors and other gear mounted on the windshield.
In this way, windshield substitution or fix used to be a basic cycle, however presently any legitimate substitution requires alignment as per your vehicle’s ADAS highlights. On the off chance that these sensors or cameras are even somewhat off, your high-level driver-help frameworks will not have the option to see the general area. What’s more, in the event that your ADAS doesn’t work accurately, then your drive can be less protected than ordinary, particularly assuming you are familiar with ADAS highlights.
Popular Examples of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems
The most common (and favored) systems include:
- Adaptive cruise control – which will change the picked speed of the vehicle if necessary to keep a protected distance between a vehicle ahead, and it will keep on changing pace contingent upon the distance.
- Forward collision warning – which will caution the driver, either with a display on the dashboard or a sound, on the off chance that the vehicle is getting excessively near another vehicle.
- Lane departure warning – which cautions the driver once they begin to stray from their path without utilizing a blinker, which commonly implies the driver is unexpectedly drifting. This is useful on length drivers and keeps drained drivers alert and mindful.
- Blind spot monitors – which utilize cameras to watch both of the driver’s sides and shine on the side mirrors to signal that another vehicle is in a blind spot.
- Parking assist – which utilizes sensors, cameras, and control of the vehicle to park in a spot. Some will require the driver to utilize the brake and gas pedal, however very modern vehicles can deal with the whole process without help from anyone else.
Let AZ Auto Glass Pros Help You
Whether you need just a recalibration or windshield replacement (plus a calibration), then you can count on Arizona Auto Glass Pros. We offer a 5-star customer experience and can service you on-site or come to you.
Contact our experienced team today for a free quote.
About AZ Auto Glass Pros
Arizona Auto Glass Pros is a locally-owned auto glass company serving Maricopa County. We offer fast, friendly windshield replacement to get you back on the road. Browse our website to learn more or read our blog, where we offer other advice like what to know with windshield warranties.